Recent News & Events
• Dec. 2020 We are pleased to announce that during these many Covid pandemic months, Steve Schall passed his LMSW exam and thus has re-activated his professional social work license. Shout-out to CUNY’s Hunter School of Social Work (Steve’s alma mater) for its 6-week prep course and excellent support. Looking forward to more searches and more impact in 2021.
• 2020 update: Schall & Russo is pleased to share news of the following recent placements: Community Help in Park Slope (CHiPS) appointed Shivonne McKay as Executive Director. Forestdale appointed Krista Larson as Assistant Executive Director for Preventive Services, and Blanton-Peale Institute & Counseling Center appointed Mickey Correa as Chief Program Officer
• 2019: Schall & Russo is pleased to share that: Citizens’ Committee for Children of New York appointed Raysa Rodriguez as Associate Executive Director for Policy & Advocacy; Oliver Scholars appointed Danielle Moss as CEO; and The Jewish Board appointed Sarah Bass as Deputy Director for Children’s Residential Services.
• March 2015: We continue to applaud the amazing work of our colleagues Paul Hoeffel and Robert Cohen at Rain Barrel Communications, and also honored to be recognized among their esteemed corps of Associates
• David Rockefeller Fund: Executive Search: (Nov. 20, 2014) Schall & Russo completed a successful search for the next Executive Director of the David Rockefeller Fund. You can read the announcement here. (PDF)
• Kyoto Capstone update: (Oct. 2013) 3-1/2 years ago, just days before the Tsunami hit Japan, I visited a consortium of universities planning to launch their version of a Capstone program for graduate policy students. My Kyoto colleagues were in NYC this past week. They now have 3 universities with Capstone students and are planning to add 6 more. Inspiring and impressive.
• Misplaced priorities? I recently met with fellow Board members and executive staff at University Settlement and our affiliate, The Door. The discussion focused on the upcoming July-to-June fiscal year. Like many human service organizations, we have programs with tenuous government funding as well as programs whose vital services to low-income children, young people, adults, seniors and families have already been slashed... read article
• As you know, I am a proud supporter of University Settlement, one of NYC’s most established human service organizations. It’s been a part of my family for generations. So when I heard that the eminent Chef Andre Soltner was raising awareness and support for another legendary entity -- the Settlement -- I felt honored and thrilled. If you read the New Yorker, you may have seen a wonderful piece in a recent issue about “An Evening at Lutèce” to benefit University Settlement. (If you did not see it, you can read it here).
• Schall & Russo is helping miraclefeet build its capacity so it can improve access to treatment of clubfoot for children in developing countries.
• As a keynote speaker at a symposium in Kyoto in March 2011, Steve shared his experience with NYU Wagner’s Capstone “learning in action” program and advised participating universities and NGOs on how to create their own versions at their schools of public administration.
• Steven Schall speaks about University Settlement - View video
• Nearly 30 years ago Alyce was a founder of the Georgetown Student Credit Union. Now it has grown into a invaluable training experience for students looking to lead in the financial world. Read story
• Schall & Russo is now a NY State- and NY City-certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE)